Would you like to work a 9-day fortnight for a world leading company that develops technology to help travellers move easily between the globe’s major cities. Our client is looking for a talented Project Planner to join the team, where you will have the benefit of a 9 day working fortnight, excellent hybrid working practices (2 days on-site and 3 days WFH), alongside the opportunity to work in an outstanding Planning team. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s not! Please read on for some further information.
- You’ll be a key part of the planning team that helps drive the successful delivery of software / system engineering projects.
- You’ll work closely with the Project Managers and Engineers to create new resourced project plans from scratch and improve existing plans using Primavera.
- You may be called upon to act in an advisory capacity to the business, providing guidance around planning techniques for analysing progress, identifying problem areas, establishing current position, and forecasting trends
- You’ll be required to understand the earned value and critical path reporting process; and assist in the analysis of project costing reports
- Support the production of detailed budgets consistent with resourced project plans
- Report on and analyse the status of project progress, and contribute to project review meetings
Skills knowledge and experience required
- Quite simply we’re looking for someone who is currently working in a Project Planning capacity within a busy project portfolio, who understands all aspects of Project Management including its effects on the implementation and delivery of project objectives
- A previous track record of creating and maintaining robust project plans throughout the entire project lifecycle is essential to fulfil the role to the standard required
- Understanding of reporting earned value management processes
- Strong user of Planning software ideally Primavera P6
What’s in it for me?
- You may come from a different industry sector e.g., construction, defence, or rail and would welcome the opportunity to switch sectors. The hiring manager values good planners and believes planning skills are easily transferable despite the sector differences. If the thought of working on dynamic software projects appeals, then why not apply!
- If you have a desire to further improve your project planning skills within a team that promotes planning best practice, then this could be the role for you. The client will provide personalised training / development actions, alongside a realistic career path.
- 9 day working fortnight, and excellent hybrid working practices (2 days on-site and 3 days WFH)
- Finally, the hiring manager is motivated to hire for this role and will ensure that there is a swift and fluid interview process in place to ensure no delays for arise.
Next steps / interview process
There will be a two-stage interview process in place for this role. The first stage will be with the Head of Planning; and the 2nd stage will be with the Planning Team Lead and will also include a Planning exercise.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com