Senior Platform Engineer – PR/005963 – Lancashire – c £60k
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Platform Engineer to join an industry leading organisation.
Reporting to the Head of DevOps and UK Development, this role is a newly created position as our client moves into new markets and is core to help them drive forward with their exciting tech journey with greenfield opportunities and significant investment in improving the current stack and processes. This is a great time to join and have real influence on the future of tech with an industry leader.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be engaged in completing the on-prem to Azure Cloud migration, establishing Azure native approaches to their way of working, aid in establishing Azure presence across European markets and be involved with maintaining strong KPI’s.
- Coach an Azure Native first approach
- Involvement in the decommissioning of on-prem equipment
- Develop DevOps best practices
- Optimise Azure Cloud usage and costs
- Enhancing security measures
- Set-up and enhance critical alerting for Azure cloud services
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Expert-level with Cloud services (MS Azure) with strong knowledge and experience
- Experience of working within and leading a DevOps culture
- Strong CI/CD skills, and experience of supporting software engineering teams
- Recent experience on configuring Palo Alto & Checkpoint firewalls, Azure Network Security Groups (NSG’s) and Application Security Groups (ASG’s).
- Hands on experience of security management, architecture, and tooling.
- Experience of administering and configuring MS/Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server, SharePoint and associated applications.
- Experience of migration and in life management of applications hosted on a MS Azure platform Experience of working with and configuring Virtualised Environments including servers and desktops.
- Desired: Experience with dependency analysis on mapping server IP’s, using ports using Azure Migrate Assessment Tool and moving from an open on-prem network to a secured network within Azure.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to: [email protected]
|Job Category||Management and leadership, Programming and development|