Are you excited by creating and continuously improving data management? Do you enjoy bringing data together from multiple channels, and seeing how that big data drives business? Are you a technology advocate with experience of cloud-based data warehouse solutions? If these are areas that you excel in, then we would love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to play a key role in driving several data and analytics initiatives including cloud data transformation, data governance, and MDM for this impressive online retailer.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the technology stack and capabilities associated with our data technology ecosystem including: Data Lake/Warehouse (Google), application integrations platform (Mule), advanced analytics and Business Intelligence platform, (Tableau).
- Develop key partnerships across the community of data personnel, including data owners/stewards, data process owners, data visualization experts and other business partners, with the goal of maturing the enterprise up the data maturity curve.
- Keep a pulse on data technologies available in the market and communicate roadmaps associated with what technologies we are using (or should be using) and why.
- Establish standards and frameworks associated with how data technologies are to be used and ensure adherence to those standards by data engineers and developers. Including repeatable design patterns that relate to industry-accepted reference architectures.
- Cloud data architecture knowledge including developing architecture strategies and plans to enable cloud data transformation, MDM, data governance, and data science capabilities.
- Proven experience in data definition and modelling incl. designing, building, and maintaining data models at both the enterprise and solution/application level
- Proven experience developing data policies, standards, and procedures, finding the balance between tactical and strategic needs
- Proven data governance experience to operate formal and informal technical governance and compliance activities
- Experience of working with one or more cloud data platforms (e.g. Google Big Query), and visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with data modelling tools such as ER-Studio, ERWin or IBM Infosphere data architect.
- Stakeholder engagement – engaging with business leaders and developing a thorough understanding of business processes and compliance requirements.
The hiring manager is also pro-flexible working; and is happy with just 1-2 days a week in the office. He is also committed to the recruitment process and plans to complete the interview process in two stages.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com