Our client is recruiting an Application Support Team Leader to act as an SME across multiple applications and systems, alongside managing the Applications Support Team. The team supports a wide range of applications, including but not limited to Records Management, business focused HR, and Finance, system across a 24/7 landscape.
As a hands-on Team Leader to a team of 7, you will be responsible for managing and developing the team, together with improving processes and procedures. The role will still hold hands-on technical responsibilities, alongside on-call duties as required. You will play an active role to help the team thrive and achieve their full potential.
The Application Support team Leader will be responsible for:
- Responsible for ISP Service and Applications: ControlWorks (Command & Control), Niche (RMS), IPatrol, Origin & DMS, GIS – Geospacial mapping / Location Intelligence.
- Manage development and delivery of technology solutions.
- Support and deliver the Digital and Technology Development Strategy.
- Develop and maintain effective ways of working throughout the area and department.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation.
- Experience of leading a technical delivery team in a demanding 24×7 environment.
- Maintain application and domain knowledge to support technical teams
- Apply Agile methodologies with a focus on delivery priorities, holding others to account, and swiftly responding to changing requirements.
- Lead and develop high performing teams, whilst keeping up to date with the latest technology, software development technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to manage 3rd party suppliers
- Good knowledge of application interfacing tools and techniques, alongside tools to support Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft’s product offerings including high level capabilities and competitor products
- Understanding of project management methodologies e.g., Prince2, Agile, and Waterfall
Due to the nature of the work undertaken by the client, candidates will be required to undertake baseline vetting. Therefore, any applicant must have the permanent right to live and work in the UK and have been a resident in the UK for at least the past 5 years.
If this role is of interest, and you meet the criteria, please send your CV to [email protected]
|Job Category||IT, Management and leadership|